Saturday 20 December 2014

Unpacking decorations

I love unpacking all our decorations (don't really like putting them away) and this year is no exception, probably even more so as I had a massive re-organising of boxes when they were put away so it was easier to find what I wanted. Over the years we like everyone else collect decorations from all over the place, so I would like to share just a few of my favourites.



 These two were bought whilst on a company paid trip to Las Vegas. I love the colours and the way the rabbit and mice are looking up at the snowman, waiting for his nose to drop off maybe? They add decoration to my plain welcoming lights


These stars were bought when we went to stay with Charlotte's Godparents in Dubai for Christmas


They hang perfectly on our light fitting, which reminds me I must replace the bulb that has gone.

When Charlotte was doing ski seasons in Les Gets we took Becky and Jonathan out for New Year so this next decoration is from there. In fact that whole garland in the kitchen is hung with wooden hearts bought out there and is labelled up as 'French garland'


The next few were bought for me by Charlotte when she and a friend went to Russia just before Christmas




My next is the 'Padstow reindeer', fairly obvious where he's from (actually he's from Stein's shop) He sits on the piece of wood covering the gas pipe where one day a fire will be.


This young lady was bought by Charlotte again,this time from the Christmas market in Winchester.She's got a new home this year- on the mantle piece, usually she's on the kitchen windowsill.


The angel chimes go back to when Charlotte was little and she always looks for them when she comes home, unfortunately I've no candles as yet for them, must put them on the shopping list as she's arriving tomorrow for a few days.


This year I bought myself a very appropriate decoration whilst in Lisbon


It's actually hanging in my sewing/crafting room but it photographed better hanging from a cup hook in the kitchen. 

I'm sure you all have tales to tell about your decorations, I certainly have enjoyed reading about Christmas preparations on the blogs I follow. I think my task this weekend is to sit with a good cup of coffee (when the coffee machine is mended) and take stock of where I am and what still needs doing. I did get up at 6-30am today to make mince pies, bread sauce and I now have a large pot of soup bubbling on the stove as maybe I'm getting there. Till the next time, have a great weekend Love Anne xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to reading your comments and will do my best to reply to you all. Anne