Oh dear don't know what has happened, I have taken some pics but for some reason it wont let me download onto Picasa web that I use, anyway I'll carry on. This is rather a dark picture of the cloth and I had cut it before taking a picture which it is why it looks abit odd but hopefully you get the idea
It really is beautiful, I love the colours, not sure that the photos do it justice. Anyway back to the upcycling, I have taken it out on a number of occasions and admired it and wondered if I could finish it. I probably could but I doubt it would be even near Mum's sewing. Then an idea - why not make the nearly completed corners into cushion covers and here they are
One of the things I really like is that the transfer is still on the fabric and you can see where they haven't been finished. I am soooo pleased with them and despite not being anywhere near the colour of my lounge they now seem to sit quite comfortably on a chair.
There was still one corner with a partly finished flower and a nearly finished leaf so this is what I did with the flower
Ta dah! a new needle case, something I have needed for ages. I shall make C one using the leaf, it seems appropriate to still have part of the tablecloth in Mum's sewing box.
But now I need to get my breakfast, finish another knitting bag and make a couple of 'May roses' -pattern from Lucy at Attic24, you can find it here , before I go to work later.
Till the next time xx