Monday 10 February 2014

The weekend

Happy Monday!
Well here in South Yorkshire we have had a blue sky and sunshine day with a glorious sunset




But this post is not about today but about our weekend. You will remember I was busy baking and cooking for the relatives and our 'duty' at the sailingclub. Well we met the relatives at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, it was brightish but very windy. What I didn't tell you was that we were also 'dog sitting' Oskar for the weekend and when you have a dog you have to walk them so instead of straight to the visitor's centre for a coffee we walked in the park.

 
 
 
 As you walk through the many paths you come across all types of sculptures.
 


We did try to keep to the drier areas but even so we all had muddy boots at the end of the walk and a muddy dog had to be bathed when we got back.




But before we returned home we went inside the visitor's centre, a very agreeable place. As we went up the stairs to the cafe I was taken back by these pictures by Angie Lewin.
 
 





 
 
I just LOVED them, the colours and the composition, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! so inspiring. I spent quite a long time later on Saturday night just looking at her work online, so many different pictures. We weren't late back from the park, in fact we were just in time to avoid the rain and watch the rugby. It wasn't long before 'When are we having tea?' was voiced by my brother. I had wanted something a little different for our tea but something that I could prepare before and that only needed heating up in the oven and found this 
 
Mexican lasagne from the Pampered Chef web site . It was sooooo good. Instead of lasagne you use tortillas, I also added mushrooms and peppers to the onion mixture. It was a big hit with everyone, the dish completely empty very quickly and requests for the recipe were asked for.
I had alot of trouble when I tried to put a link in for it so here is a picture that I took when it was on the PC, hope you can see it.
 
 
Sunday was duty day at the sailing club but the wind was so high that there was no sailing. Several of the club members came down to see what was on the lunch menu so the soups I had made went down well as did the cakes. By 4ish we were back home and enjoyed catching up with the Olympics, and watching Jenny Jones's medal winning run. A good ending to a good weekend.
See you soon xx
 





2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne,

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. You've reminded me how much I love YSP and that I haven't been for a couple of years. I am a big fan of Angie Lewin's work too, and that mexican lasagne looked delicious!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrilled Gillian as you are the first person to comment on my blog and yes the lasagne was good and different, will be doing it again. Have a good week end. Anne

      Delete

Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to reading your comments and will do my best to reply to you all. Anne