Friday 21 March 2014

Final day in Bruges

Our final morning arrived and it started like all the others had with a trip to the bread shop for croissants



and then after breakfast, packing and tidying round before going down to check out. Nico very kindly let us store our cases in the downstairs apartment whilst we went out and made the most of our last few hours. We followed another route suggested by the guide book and here are some of the places we saw

The only two houses with wooden fronts in the city



the City Theatre, and one of Europe's best preserved 


with Papageno, the bird seller from Mozart's opera, The Magic Flute outside the main door


more river side buildings, some renovated 




and some in need of it



finally we ended our walk at a bar/restaurant we had passed on a number of occasions during the weekend, this time we would stop and have lunch before we left for the station


But before I finally finish, some images that I loved about the weekend, apologises for the quality of some, it's difficult taking pictures through windows 












And so we wound our way back to the station taking even more of the narrow cobbled streets and alleyways, even one you could touch both sides


It's a wonderful city which we would gladly go back to, and we can't thank C, B, J and T enough for surprising us with it.






2 comments:

  1. A wonderful series of posts Anne!
    You reminded me of some of the places I saw on our brief visit and I would love to return. I love the cafe culture of continental Europe, there is nothing I like better than to linger over a meal with a view. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment, you are so right about the cafe culture, we just don't seem to quite 'get it' over here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to reading your comments and will do my best to reply to you all. Anne